Highest transports efficiency
The distance between Puttgarden and Rødby is approximately 20 km and the crossing takes 45 minutes.
A very high departure frequency and 24/7/365 operation enables an easier transport planning and avoids long waiting times in ports and the risk to miss a low frequency ferry. The combination of road and ferry transport allows the optimum use of driving times and fastest roundtrips of drivers/ equipment.
Find the detailed timetable here
- 24/7/365 operation in a very reliable schedule
- departures every 30 minutes / approx. 100 departures per day
- 45 minutes ferry crossing perfectly matches with mandatory driver resting time
- perfect set-up for terminal traffic, hub traffic, driver change and other supply chain concepts
- higher loyalty of hauliers thanks to extra road kilometers combined with the driver services on board during the crossing
- 4 modern hybrid ferries plus 1 additional freight ferry in operation
- very fast port handling – only 15 minutes for un-/loading process
Please see the Scandlines freight tariffs and applicable fuel surcharges (BAF/GIR) for shipments on the routes between Germany and Denmark.
Get in touch with our experienced sales team for a quote or further required information on our services, solutions and conditions.
Find even more details about this route in the menu below:
Fährhafenstrasse 1, 23769 Puttgarden, Germany.
The check-in is located directly at the end of road E47/B207.
Færgestationsvej 5, 4970 Rødby, Denmark.
The check-in is located directly at the end of road E47.
The freight check-in offices at both terminals are open 24/7.
All units must be checked in and ready for loading at the terminal 15 minutes before scheduled departure at the latest (60 minutes for pre-booked dangerous goods and oversize transports).
Please note that all drivers have to bring valid travel documentation and if necessary visa.
All types of trucks, vans and other self-driving cargo can be shipped on this route.
Please note, that trailers and other unaccompanied cargo units can't be shipped due to short port berth times of our vessels.
Shipment of oversize cargo on individual request only.
Dangerous goods transports must be booked manually with the Scandlines booking department. Registration of Dangerous goods 24 hours prior to departure at the latest.
No shipment of following classes/ UN numbers:
- no transport of class 1
- 4.2 - UN1383, 3394 (shipment on selected departures Rostock-Gedser v.v. possible)
- 5.2 - UN3105, 3106, 3107, 3108, 3109, 3110, 3113, 3119 (shipment on selected departures Rostock-Gedser v.v. possible)
Various dangerous goods classes can also be shipped on all other departures.
Please contact our freight booking department for further information.
Documents for bookings of dangerous goods transports:
Declaration of Classified Goods (type-in PDF)
Annotations to the Check-in data form (PDF)
Please note that a completed and signed container/vehicle packing certificate in accordance with IMDG-CODE 5.4.2 is always required for sea transport.
This document must be presented at the latest at check-in at the port of departure.
In case of electronically executed dangerous goods documents, the name of the person responsible (in capital letters) replaces the signature.
The container/vehicle packing certificate is not required if all dangerous goods are transported in limited quantities only (LQ) or if transported in a tank unit.
Reliable transport requires satisfied drivers. Scandlines does its part by offering drivers a number of services at the terminals and on board the ferries:
- Showers / washing facilities / toilets at the terminals and on board
- Free Wi-Fi at the terminals
- Scandlines Restaurant and Food Express on board including a rebate of 50% for drivers
- Travel shop on board including a rebate of 10% for drivers
Welcome on board!
Scandlines owns the world’s largest fleet of hybrid ferries. Four of our six hybrid vessels operate on the Puttgarden-Rødby route. These four ferries were built in 1997 and converted to hybrid ferries in 2013/14. They are double-ended RoRo ferries.
You can find further technical details for all vessels here:
Data sheet for M/V Deutschland and M/V Schleswig-Holstein (PDF)
Data sheet for M/V Prinsesse Benedikte and M/V Prins Richard (PDF)
Apart from the four hybrid ferries, we have a conventional freight ferry. It operates primarily on the Puttgarden-Rødby route, but also acts as a replacement ferry on the Rostock-Gedser route.